CLIENT – INDUSTRY VERTICAL
Software services: Student Information System
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORY
One of UDT’s clients is a software company specializing in student information systems with over 11,000 employees. The client did not have the technical expertise to protect critical systems or a solid disaster recovery plan. After approximately two weeks of comparing alternative solutions, the client felt that UDT had the necessary deep expertise across the Microsoft Stack and the capabilities to help resolve issues quickly. The client was seeking a Microsoft Partner that they could rely on to help make critical business decisions based on the solutions currently available to meet business needs. The client’s major challenges in this process included:
- A Disaster Recovery solution that was easily scalable and cost effective
- Short deadlines that required speed and knowledge to complete the tasks
- Knowledge of the new capabilities and features available with Microsoft and other software manufactures
- Microsoft Account Team was constantly changing
- Knowledge of process and best practices for acquiring new companies and consolidating email, files and other data
- Best practices for deploying the new capabilities and features to help drive user adoption across the organization
The client’s main concern for each engagement was the impact on the end users. This was critical to the success for the client and UDT was there to help plan and remediate any issues quickly. UDT provided best practices and knowledge transfer throughout the engagement. At the very end, UDT provided a knowledge transfer and review of how to properly maintain each solution and the common tools used for management and tasks. The client has been using UDT services for over four years. The client utilizes UDT’s Managed Cloud Services to help with migrations to Office 365, Office 365 Security and Compliance, assistance with Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, assistance with System Center Configuration Manager, Intune for MDM, SharePoint Migration to SharePoint Online and Azure Site Recovery to protect mission critical systems. By using these UDT services, the client has been able to protect critical systems with Azure Site Recovery, quickly troubleshoot and remediate issues with Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, Deploy, a new System Center Configuration Manager environment to manage all devices with System Center and deploying and servicing Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus products.
UDT is a Microsoft Gold-competency Partner. Quickstart for Azure Site Recovery can help your company design, plan and deploy this solution while providing project management and architect level engineers. The solution will allow you to:
- View real-time status of your Disaster Recovery solution. See the status of replication and the health of the virtual machines that are stored in Azure Site Recovery.
- Perform test failovers to Azure inside of a test bubble that isolates traffic so testing can be performed at any time.
- Ability to protect more servers and data as your business grows without purchasing additional servers and storage to support increased workloads in case of a disaster.
- No additional hardware to administer, maintain and patch.
- Save thousands of dollars per year by not having to purchase or renew hardware vendor support contracts on hardware used for onpremise Disaster Recovery solutions.
- All data housed in Azure Site Recovery vaults are replicated to a secondary geographical location which ensures protection of your businesses data. (ex. East Coast datacenter replicates to West Coast datacenters in real time)
- Utilize an Azure Site Recovery deployment as a migration tool to Azure from your onpremise datacenter.
- Utilize Azure Automation to automate manual tasks and to streamline failover tests.